Happy Veterans Day Everyone! :D I had a great time today! I mean, besides the fact of having to get up at 6:30. Shall I begin my tale of fun things? I shall. So my day begins when I wake up at somewhere around 5, I get up and go to the restroom, It's kinda creepy because it was so silent and dark out. I decided that I might as well go back to bed, so I plop into bed and fall back asleep. I get up an hour later when my alarm clock goes off, well whoopdie doo, I slide out of bed, turn it off, and crawl back under my warm, cozy blankets. Not that my comfort lasted long.
I was laying down, eyes closed, waiting to slip into La La Land, when I hear this noise, it was faint but I heard it. It kind of creeped me out, I tried to ignore it, but I heard it again, so cautiously I get open my eyes and turn my head, relieved to find out it was only Ken in the kitchen. The lights were on and I could hear the beginning of coffee being made. I closed my eyes, totally ready to drift off, not even five minutes passed before the bright lights were flipped on in my room. Sigh. Ken told me it was time to get up and get ready, blah. I didn't get out of bed till 10-15 minutes afterward.
When I did finally get out of bed, I rummaged around my room looking for something to wear. It had to be warm, but at the same time, I wanted it to kind of fit the Veterans Day theme. I settled on my camo navy pjs pants and a grey shirt that Sarah claims says. But really I didn't, I found it in my closet… Anyways, I put my hair in two braids and somehow that all took me 30 minutes to do. We left at 7:31 and we were on out way to the Calvery Chaple on Wilcox.
The most difficult part to do was find the place, a bajillion of the roads were blocked, and so we had to find the place, and we had one minute to do it in. I stated that we should walk llike…a million times before we actually found the place. There was a bunch of people at the Calvary Chapel. We walked around for like…10-15 minutes before we actually found Mrs. Baier. She was talking to this one dude, and I knew it was her because of the back of her head and the wild hand gestures she was making while explaining something to the dude. I introduced her to Ken, and then Ken left. We had to wait for a few other people to join us and then Ty Holland started speaking to us about Newspaper Photography and about how if you do that type of photography, you can take pictures of anyone without permission unless they're on private property.
He explained that and then Baltasar showed up late, and as soon as he got a camera from Mrs. Baier, we head out. We had to stay in front of the parade at all times. So we had to walk from the Calvary Chapel all the way to the park. It didn't seem long and I had a great time walking. In my army pj's and a grey shirt I walked the route. I took pictures of these people getting ready to go parked along side the road, I even got to see the Grande Marshall and his wife in a car! How cool! :D
We kept walking and we made it to the parking lot of That one store near Carl's Jr. The bands were getting ready there. I said Hi to Steven and Stina and yeah, but then we had to go. I also saw Jenna Vaaler, SHE'S SO ADORABLE! xD She was in the Palominas band, so was Melani and what's her name…o.o
We had to quickly keep walking because we were holding Ty behind and he was waay up ahead. I ended up being in the middle. While Mrs. Baier and half the class were way behind me, Ty was way up ahead of me with 5 or 4 of the kid peeps. I had alotta fun walking by though, just looking at the people on the side of the street. I took some pictures of the people I knew that I saw. Haha. I would also take pictures of the people who I heard bring up taking pictures or anything about us in general, haha! Once I got more near to the park, I saw some people who's eye's were just BEGGING for pictures, I would have felt akward taking them though, but then I felt really bad. Aggh. Haha, it was a tug of war between feeling akward, and feeling guilty. I ended up w/ feeling guilty.
The parade came and it was expic! We got like…freakin' front row seats! Even though we were standing. This one girl who had a name was getting right up int here, cars would stop so she could take pictures and everything! I was like…wow! I almost got trampled by the band too xD Like, I was crouching on the ground because I was tired of the weird sideways shots I was getting, and I swear, camera's should come with warnings.
"Things in Eyepeice things are closer then they seem"
They didn't seem that close, but then Mrs. Baier was like, watch out Trinity. And I was like ok, but then I realized at the last second that they were super close so I landed back and sat on my butt. I was like, oh wow. Mrs. Baier was all like, that band person lady (she didn't really say that, but I forgot the name for the person that leads the band) almost walked right over you. They can't stop for anything.
After that I was more careful with how close I shot, I think I got some pirty good shots of the ROTC and the JROTC. It was an awesome parade all in all, 'cept I don't get why Santa Clause was riding in a car with a sheriff happily waving at us all, it' just like…oook then.
Haha! And then I saw the Schwans car driving by with two people in it, and I SWEAR I saw Joe riding in it, and I yelled, Hey look, it's Joe! Or something around there, and the peoples walking with the car laughed and said that everyone knew Joe. But Brenda told me that Joe had come to the house that day so I'm not sure if he made it to the parade, he was in two places at once, or he has a twin we don't know about…
After the parade, we all filed into the park and a I saw Brenda, and Nanna, and Sarah there, I waved at them and went with Mrs. Baier to the flags for the afterward ceremony. It wasn't too long. The 21 gun salute freaked me out, every time the canon was shot, I jumped or blinked. After the ceremony I went and found Brenda, and told her I was gonna go help Mrs. Baier because almost all the kids had left and she was left to carry lots of cameras. I also introduced Mrs. Baier to my Brenda. I went and got some cake with Ariel and her sister Clarrissa (and if you're wondering where on Earth they came from, they were over there when I went to talk to Brenda.) The cake was yummy, but it had pudding in the middle, and I'm not too in to pudding, but it was yummy nonetheless. Then I still had these tootsie pops that I had collected when these people threw tootsie pops out from the cars. I gave them to Ariel and told her to give them to somebody random. She was like, I forgot what she was like, but she wasn't too eager to do it. So I showed her how, I looked around, and all these little kids were running around, but I decided not to approach them, I mean come on.
(me acting this out.)
Me: Hi little kid, want some candy?
Kid: *stares at me then runs off screaming* MOMMY SAID NOT TO TAKE CANDY FROM STRANGERS!
So much for that. But then I spotted this kid that I knew had gone or still went to Coronado. I went over to him and he was all like, "Sorry, we're all out of waterbottles" I said something along the lines of "That's ok" and I asked him if he wanted a lollipop. He said sure, I gave it to him. He quizzed me on whether or not I did something to it. I had to reassure him multiple times I didn't do anything to it. Then his friend was all like, I want a lollipop. I was all like, ok, and handed him the other one. Two fish with one stick…or is it two pigeons with one pebble…oh well.
I walked away and asked ariel how much she'd bet me that those two kids weren't gonna eat them xD Eew! My fish is gross! But anyways, ya. We left and went to the graveyard and veeseeted my padre. It's sad to see how full the graveyard was compared to how it was 5 years ago. We also went to this one place that they made for these bodies they found under a parking lot in…Texas or California I caught, and guess who we saw there? Of all people, we saw Ty Holland. He talked to Brenda for a little bit and we were off on our way to look at the fake bell.
After that we left and were on our way home when we all said we were hungry, we WERE gonna go to the Diner, then we WERE gonna go to this one place, but ended up going to that one placed calle the Country House/Club. Ya know, that resturaunt near the sucky theatres? Yea, that place. Well we went there and ended up getting off on a bad foot with the waitress when we saw a sign that said "Seat yourself" so we sat ourself but then the waitress said they wanted us to wait so we could have a clean table? It's just like, well then…
I ordered these delish frenchtoast with bacon, it was heaven in my mouth. It was sooo yummy, yumm :D Sarah ordered spaghetti, Nana ordered something with stuff and eggs, and Brenda ordered something with these awesome French fries. :DD After we all ate and stuff, we were gonna go home then too, but ended up going to the puppy shop near Hastings (Pet Store) We saw these two little ADORABLE little chihuauas that make Lexi look like a great dane! Ok, I'm being a bit eaxagerative there, but it was a pretty close comparison! (not really…)
And there was this one chiweewee and it was SO HACKIN' CUTE! It made the other two chiweewee's look like a metal bin filled with cold water compared to tub with Jacuzzi jets and hot water! It was soo cute! OHMIGOSH, I can't even explain how cuute it was!! Ahem..getting carried away a bit…so yeah. Then they brought some of them out, aww! So cute! Like the little beagle thing, and the other one,a nd aww J We eventually had to leave, but ended up going to the NEW WALMART! WOO! The new Walmart was way hackin' cool! It was like Fry's and Walmart got together and had this Epic and huge baby! It had everything, it wa a Fwy's! :D But to make this long post short, we ended up getting some stuff. I got some hair stuff, a new toothbrush, Mexican candy, some egg nogg, and some chapstick, I was a happy, happy camper! We went home and that's where it all blurs together. I know I eventually went to sleep, but yea. xD So I guess, I'm done with this post for now. Haha! Just wait till I get to writing about my birthday party oh wow! xD You'll just have to wait for that one (: Well have an awesome day! And happy Veterans Day!!
-trin
p.s. exscuse the many spelling errors…
No comments:
Post a Comment