Thursday, October 21, 2010

Good luck anyone?

There's a cat prowling through the streets at night
And she's black and her eyes are burning yellow
fierce and bright
The lights are darkened;
Senses sharpened;
Wide awake
As she acts out her past of
Jungle days
When the night was her friend in many other
different ways
It gave protection
Of detection
By her prey
With a sway and swing she walks away
And the look in her eye it never seems
to say
The way she's feeling
No revealing,
Black Cat Ways
-Black Cat (Gentle Giant)
Well, I woke up today, and fell back asleep, I woke up again, got dressed, and then lay down, I got up again after that and did the rest of my normal morning routine.
Ya know, eat, walk, do hair, walk, straighten bangs, walk, brush teeth, walk, lotoin, walk, try and find a matching pair of socks...yadda yadda other stuff.
Well it was basically 6:22 by the time me and Ken got into the car and were on our way to the bustop. I was totally pumped, (of course) For this lovely Thursday (Which is my favorite day of the week!) And you know what ruined it?
That stupid, cute, horrible, adorable, terrible, but lovely, little black cat.
It was standing on our second driveway, the cute little yellow eyes peering at us. It darted off into the bushes as I ooed and ahhed about it. But of course Ken had to bring in the situation of it being bad luck, I scoffed, yea right. We didn't really cross paths with it, just looked at it really.
I boarded the bus, got to school, and so forth.
Now you're probably wondering where the part is where I tell you the terrible horrible thing that happened that I can blame the little black cat on. But, there's the thing. Nothing terrible,horrible, or awful has happened...yet. We'll see.
Who knows, maybe in Science an acidic substance will fall from the roof and just so happen to drop onto the pants I'm wearing. Or in photography I accidentally expose everyones paper in the darkroom because something tripped me. OR in p.e. I could stumble and fall and have a dominoes effect on all of the people behind me! That silly little cat has got me paranoid! I wish you all the best of luck today, hopefully my luck is still with me (: Adios.

2 comments: