Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Roller Skatin’ Fun

So, Hi (:

 

I never told you about my first time roller skating! It was incredibly awesome! Whoo yeah! So I was picked up at like...10:30 I believe and we drove over to Whetstone and stopped over at that gaas station. It was a potty break, and we all got assigned to cars and all that good stuff.

 

The '2 hour drive' didn't even feel like two hours. It felt like...not 2 hours. Ok, it just went by really fast. The whole time I spent singing and drawing and just being me in general xD You can imagine that car ride then.

 

We got there and I was beyond excited, skipping kind of excited. We went into the lobby thing and I started to get kinda nervous. There was this board thing that had all the rules on it.

1. No gum on the skating floor

2. No jewerly

3. No stopping on the skating rink (like...standing still)

4. Blah blah

 

And lots of other things D: I was afraid I would do something wrong and I'd get in trouble and kill us all o.o

 

We all got in and I got my skates. I walked over to these bench thingies with the rest of the group and slipped my skates on. Standing was kind of difficult, I mean come on those skates made you 3 inches taller. But I managed. I clonked my way over to this corner where there's this iny meeny roller square that's for begginners. I got the hang of it pret-ty quick. :D Meanwhile, my friends are going all 'SWOOSH' and 'PLOP!'

 

Stevens sister Molly/Samantha and Daniel were having a really hard time getting the hang of it. Haha, she almost brought us all down (Me, Melani, and Melani's Friend Amber) when she lost her balance on the carpet.

 

But while I was kind of just hanging out in the begginners area, nervous to actually go on the rink, Daniel fell. And even though he was right next to me, I didn't exactly see him fall or anything, but I saw him on the ground and his cries of pain weren't that hard to miss.

 

Apparentally he sprained his ankle (he has a history with doing that) and he sat out from skating for the rest of the time. (It was sad too 'cause we had just <em>barely </em>gotten there ):)

So yeah. :D I first got onto the rink for the firt time I was like o.o And then it was a couples skate. So I grabbed onto Melani and we skated together! It was awesome...though we fell several times...hehhheh. Buuut annyways, so yeah :D And then there were the races!!

The races were epic! O: First they did the little kids...they just kinda sucked. Then the next age group, they were ok, and they did go pretty fast. But the group after that was INSANE!! This one kid was all ZROOOOOM!! And one the race within seconds! I was like O: OHMIGOSH!!

Haha! After that we just skated the whole time. After awhile (Especially on the turns) you could begin to feel the burn in your calf. But it was worth it. :D AND THEN I could also start to feel the burn right behind my ankle. The rollerblade was rubbing up against the skin there and cutting it.

OOO! Then we did the chacha slide! :D On skates!! Haha! It was reallly hard, and I fell a couple times but it was so ofun! Haha!! :D

Then more torwards the end Steven fell and ended up spraining his right hand. These ladies came over and they really started freaking me out. Asking tons of questions and calling us weird names. O.o But then I guess they need to know <em>exactly </em>what happened so they can't get sued...eh.

After our 1-4 hour free skate was over, we left. Buuut not after I got a souvenir! :D I got a purple monkey and I named it Troy! It is now happily living on the zipper on my backpack.

All in all, I had a great time! It was a-we-som-e.  Psh. I couldn't even put that in whatever it is, I'm not even making sense! xD Haha! So yeah :D I love skating :)

-Trin

No comments:

Post a Comment